Friday, April 25, 2014

Success history of my academic research.

Through this post, I would like to share my success history in research. Though it is just academic research, I can proudly say that I may be one of others, who reviews computer science paper from international journal and I am entrusted by an international body to check their papers.

 I completed my M.Sc CSIT from Tribhuwan University in 2011, in Kathmandu. I was very interested to do research in computer science related field at that time. Though I had great interest to nurture my research, I could not find any senior to guide me.So, I was stumbling on the way, I mean I was rambling on the way of it. The only thing I had at that was internet and open access journals.

I used to come to home at the earliest from outing. Due to acute power cut here in Kathmandu, I was not being able to use internet as fully as I wanted and as available as I was. However, I started to split my sleeping time for internet so that I help me to explore my research. I downloaded lot of paper which had under my domain, I mean which came under my interest.

After finding lot of papers under my interest, I printed them out at the department. I made a bundle of paper and bind them so that I became handy for me to study and think. I could carry those paper into my bag easily wherever I used to move. I started reading those paper even in bus or even in my sleeping time. Splitting my sleeping time, I did what I can not do these days. I started sleeping only four to five hour a day.

Proper utilization of my time  even by slashing of sleeping time, I started to think. Thinking deeply in a topic, I wrote very first research paper with the assistance from those papers. I learned to write the paper after going rigorously into it. After writing a paper, I proofread a lot  to correct my language.

After the correction of my language, I sent my first paper to the journal called GESJ, from Georgia, an international journal. Initially, I had no idea that whether that paper will accept or reject. I had heard from some people that  amateur paper normally thrown up. So, I was wondering about it. But, right after 1 year of submission of manuscript,I got an email about congratulation. I was very happy to get that email because it was my very first paper to be published.

After the publication of a paper, my confidence level got increased. I was motivated to write further. I started to read more papers and started to share my new ideas to my counterparts who were seeking to do research. I again succeeded in my idea because  ideas were becoming their thesis. With the rise of my concept, I started searching lot of open source journals.

In the crowd of journal, I had no any idea to choose right journal. It took me a lot of time to explore. Finally, a chosen journal was Intelligent Information Management, an international journal from U.S.A. I sent another brand new paper to IIM and they accepted my paper for publication.

After the repetitive publication of my paper, I though to be reviewer.  For testing whether I am suitable for it or not, I sent my resume to journals. And,  finally, two journals accepted to make me reviewer. I have been doing review sitting under two international journal these days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment