Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Student Psychology and Teaching.

Today, the class was very funny for me because  while I was teaching in front of my students, they were shouting at me.I was unhappy considering that they were not getting me. Whenever I started repeating every lecture, they were shouting even more loudly. They were shouting because their eyes were concentrating to the live cricket score on their mobile rather than study. Due to a bit large hall, I was not seeing about the situation of every student. After knowing such, I stopped my class and started playing jokes with students. Then after, I told them to pay attention towards their study and they paid their attention. We should understand what they want.

Furthermore, It may be my weakness to be so loose for those activities. I have heard that many teachers are used to giving physical punishment in the name of controlling those behaviors, but I am not in favor of those strategies. Students are the pollard of a plant. Once they are tortured, how can we dream of nice plant? how can they give nice fruits in the future? Really, rather than giving such torture, they should be self-taught.

But, leaving them freely, thinking about liberty merely, may be not be a solution to make those buds stronger enough. What we need to do is to understand their psychology so that we can use their brain cent percent. Any one can teach , but its difficult to find those teacher who are meticulous about students interest.We have to create the homely environment while teaching rather than being cruel and brutal, which  many teachers are acclimating such strategies today.

No comments:

Post a Comment